Hello Ohio QMCs!
Aultman College will be hosting an “Improve Your Online Course (IYOC) workshop on Monday October 10th from 9am to 1pm. Please forward this information to any of your interested faculty who is interested in improving an online or blended/hybrid course.
The IYOC is designed to help faculty who are already teaching an online (or blended/hybrid) course improve that course in terms of the QM Standards. The workshop is intended to be an introduction to the foundational concepts of QM and the essential Standards of the QM Rubric. The IYOC:
- Is a significant professional development activity.
- Encourages collaboration between colleagues.
- Fosters continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to helping faculty improve their online courses.
- Can be used to start a conversation with your faculty about online learning and scale up your QM implementation.
The IYOC introduces the QM Rubric in a non-threatening way that enables participants to directly apply the essential QM Standards to their own online and blended courses, making it an alternative to the APPQMR for introducing faculty to QM. While the IYOC could be used to help faculty prepare their courses for official reviews, it is not intended to be an in-depth look at the Standards or the review process.
Comparing the IYOC to the APPQMR may help you better understand its purpose.
Participants who complete the IYOC will be able to:
- Recognize QM’s foundational concepts.
- Apply the essential Standards of the Quality Matters Rubric to your own online course.
- Describe the alignment of at least one module/unit in your online course.
- Prioritize improvements to your online course.
The IYOC covers only the 21 essential (three-point) Standards in the QM Rubric; it does not cover all 43 Standards.
If you would like more details on Quality Matters, please refer to the following website:
- Seats Available: 30 but they’re going fast!
- Who should attend? Online/blended instructors, instructional designers, and/or faculty interested in improving an online or hybrid/blended course
- Cost: $20 for training packet, parking fee, money for snacks/lunch/drinks
- What Should I Bring? A computer to access your online course and other online resources and a notebook and writing utensil
- Date & Time: Monday October 10th at 9am to 1pm
- Location: Aultman College Classroom 1 – 2600 Sixth Street S.W. Canton Ohio 44710
- Registration: Please contact Dr. Charles Piscitello at Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-536-9206 to register.
Registration deadline is Friday 10-7-2016 by 5pm